West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) is performing the function of West Bengal State Designated Agency (WBSDA) with effect from 01/04/2007 in provison to Section 15(d) of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 and by West Bengal Government Notification No. 116-PO/O/1/1E-04/02 dated 15/09/2007 to coordinate, regulate and enforce provisions of the EC Act, 2001 in the State of West Bengal
WBSDA has adopted the following energy policy for the state of West Bengal:
"To develop a comprehensive approach and provide leadership in establishing and promoting the energy conservation ethic within the Government and all consumer classes in the State of West Bengal "
1.LED Street Light under Demo Project:
Implementation of Energy Efficiency measures to showcase the potential of Energy Efficiency by LED Street Lighting project
- Implementation of Pilot LED Street Light (144 nos.) Project under Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
- 126 nos. LED Street Lights replaced under 7 nos. Municipality namely Siliguri Town & Sub-urban, Kurseong, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Coochbehar and Dinhata
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at Bolepur, Sainthia and Rampurhat 132 KV Sub-Station under Burdwan Area Office of WBSETCL.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at Arambag 400/132/33 KV Sub-Station of WBSETCL.
- LED Street Light project completed in Welfare Association and Blind School of North Bengal and North Bengal Zonal Store under Siliguri Zonal Office of WBSEDCL.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at Changrabandha and Mekhligunj 33/11 KV Sub-Station of WBSEDCL.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at Sonarpur, KLC- Bantala and Kasba Transmission Sub-Station under Kasba Area Office.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at New Haldia 220 KV Transmission Sub Station under Haldia Area Office.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Street Light Project at Lakshmikantapur, Behala and Falta 132 KV Transmission Sub-Station under Behala Area Office.
2. Pilot LED Village Campaign :
- By installing 50 nos. 18 Watt LED Street lights and distributing of 414 nos. of 5 Watt LED Bulb to 207 nos. domestic consumers of Dandirhat village under Basirhat Division.
- By installing 59 nos. LED Street Light along the Bakkhali Sea shore under Namkhana Gram Panchayet Area.
- By installing 67 nos. LED Street Light from Khudiguria Shahid Smiriti to Chowranghee Bazar More alongwith 175 nos. household (175 X 2 = 350 nos. 5 Watt Philips make LED Lamp) at Gangasagar, Narayanibad, Bagbazar, Mondasadwip khasmahal, Rudranagar, Bamankhal, Digambari, Chemaguri village of Sagar Island under Kakdwip Division.
3. Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC):
- Gazette Notification on amended ECBC 2016 as per climatic zone of West Bengal was issued in the Month of March, 2016 from the Office of Department of Power & NES, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Initiation for creation of ECBC Cell at State PWD has been taken up by WBSDA.
4. PAT Scheme :
- PAT Cycle – I is on the verge of completion.
- PAT Cycle – II has been initiated by WBSDA. Presently, 22 nos. Energy Intensive Industries are being identified as Designated Consumers (DC) under WBSDA.
- WBSEDCL as DISCOM has been included as one of the Designated Consumers (DC) under PAT Cycle – II.
- Two days regional workshop on PAT had been conducted on 18 th - 19 th January 2017.The programme was inaugurated by hon'ble
MIC , Dept. of Power & NES , Govt. of West Bengal . BEE officials , SDA officials , SERC members and DCs from different states of Estern region were present.
Benefits : To bring awerness among the designated consumers for easy compliance.
5. Implementation of Investment Grade Energy Audit (IGEA) at Vidyut Bhawan, from Ground Floor to 6th Floor is under process.
Workshop held on 27th November, 2014 and accordingly Rajpur- Sonarpur Municipality agreed to implement the project and send their database and cost estimate for further necessary action which is again placed to BEE for their approval.
7. Agri DSM :
One sample survey was held on 5 district (namely East Medinipur, Burdwan, Hooghly, Bankura including Bishnupur and Murshidabad) and the Report was submitted to BEE. As per the report, Average Reduction in annual operation cost of an amount of Rs.17122 per consumer per year can be achieved.
8. Awareness Programme :
- Industrial Workshop at Siliguri, Maldah, Burdwan and Midnapur District.
- Teacher’s Training programme in association with Indian Council of Science Museum at Kolkata, Siliguri, Burdwan, North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas.
- Agricultural DSM awareness programme on efficient use of pumps, motors, check valves etc. at strategic locations. (along with academicians of agri universities).
- Awareness about Star Label equipments among Dealers of Electrical appliances at North/South 24 Parganas, Siliguri, Durgapur, Midnapur.
- Distribution of booklet containing tips on Energy Savings during festive season in the districts of West Bengal.
- Awareness programme is carried out throughout the year for using Star Label equipments among all common people in daily life.
- A huge awerness campaigining on Energy Conservation is being conducted through DD-Bangla , since July 2017 and will continue till mid December
Benefits : Measures to be adopted for the sake of conservation of energy by every sort of consumer being described.
9. Initiation of Investment Grade Energy Audit for 16 32 nos. Govt. Building
10. Pilot LED based Street Lighting is completed in 144 out of 273 location under KMC
11. Assessment of Energy Conservation Potential in the following Sectors
- Commercial Building sector including Govt. Building (35%)
- Municipality Sector (20%)
The Chief Engineer ,
Planning , Investigation and Design Department ,
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.
Vidyut Bhawan (5th Floor, 'B' Block) Salt Lake City, Block - DJ, Sector - II Kolkata - 700091
Ph No. (033) 2334 5853/2319 7340 Mobile No. +917449300381
E-mail ID : email@example.com